Angel Alvarado wins ninth title as Online Archery Cup of the Americas draws to a close
“We shot a great match. I felt the pressure but thanks to the experience of the previous matches and the advice from my psychologist, I managed to keep calm,” he said.
Angel dropped just two points in the five-set, 18-metre match victory.
More than 700 archers participated in the tournament, which began back in August with qualifiers at the national level. The 50 remote matches, which were streamed live on Facebook, reached more than half a million people.
At least 3000 USD in prize money was distributed equally across the categories.
- Recurve men: Angel Alvarado, Mexico
- Recurve women: Maira Sepulveda, Colombia
- Recurve women open: Fabiola Dergovics, Brazil
- Recurve men open: Samuel Molina, Mexico
- Compound men: Sebastian Arenas, Colombia
- Compound women: Sara Lopez, Colombia
- Compound men open: Rob Cox, Canada
- Compound women open: Mariana Zuniga, Chile
- W1: Eduardo de Vascocelos, Brazil